Course Description And Prerequisite(s):
Prerequisite: GR230. Students explore studio photography through product shots, model shots, setting up backdrops, sets, lighting and reflectors. They manage and track their photos through Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw, critically analyzing lighting, camera angle, focus, and depth of field. Both ambient and natural light photography are studied.
Studio Photography, Child, 4e, Focal Press, 2008
April 2nd, 2012-June 20th, 2012
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Prepare products and models for a photography session.
2. Explain the characteristics of light, exposure and light meters as applied to studio photography.
3. Apply various lighting techniques and schemes to properly illuminate a product or model.
4. Apply batch processing and adjustments to multiple images in Camera Raw.
5. Engage in a Career Development activity: Prepare and print professional quality image suitable for print graphics.